As the Body of Christ in Forest Glen, members of St. John’s have been given the charisms, gifts and practical resources to be a sign of the Lord’s providence and new life in the local community.
Take the Next Step
"Take the Next Step" asks everyone to reflect on the amount that they give to the offertory. This review will ask several questions. They are:
1. Do I have a need to give or do I give only when there is a need?
2. Do I understand that there is an obligation to provide regular financial support to the parish?
3. Where does the parish fit relative to the other ways that I spend my money?
4. How much do I give to the parish on a weekly basis? (if you give monthly or quarterly, calculate your weekly commitment to put it in perspective)
5. Is it too much, too little or just right?
6. If I am not at the parish for one or more Sundays, do I make up the amount that I have not given?
7. How much will I give each week during the coming year?
It is very important for us to know how many members of our parish are actively involved in offering their financial support. Please make a conscious effort to examine your spending priorities, see where our parish is currently placed within them, and, then, adjust your priorities as you deem necessary based on our obligation to support the work of the Lord.
Called & Gifted
To help in the discernment of time, gifts and talents, the Stewardship Committee welcomes every parishioner to take a Catherine of Siena Institute Called & Gifted Inventory to identify possible charisms for the benefit of all. The purpose of the inventory is not to make you a busier parish volunteer, but rather to help you discern where your energies are best spent in every aspect of your life.
Those who have taken the inventory may find it helpful to continue to gather with others to keep discerning how their charisms and gifts are meant to be used in family, parish, work and community life. For more information on an upcoming discernment session, contact Mary Brogan at sjeministries [at] verizon.net
During the annual Gifts Renewal Weekend, parishioners are asked to prayerfully discern how they will offer their gifts and resources in the upcoming year. All parishioners are encouraged to give sacrificially, with the confidence that “the Lord will not be outdone in his generosity” (St. Teresa of Avila).
To register for offering envelopes, kindly contact the Rectory.
For convenient online giving through FaithDirect, register here. Our parish code is MD97.